How to create an account
- Navigate to http://twitter.com/, enter your full name and click the yellow button on the right hand of your screen, or simply navigate to https://twitter.com/signup.
- Fill in the first field with your full name.
- Select a username from one of the usernames we've suggested, or create your own. We will automatically suggest available usernames based on the real name and email address you've entered. Try to pick something that describes you - whether it's a nickname, an interest or a hobby.
- Enter a password. Be tricky! Make sure your password contains letters, numbers, and symbols.
- Enter your email address.
- Fill in the Captcha to prove you're human, not a machine!
- Pick sources that interest you (more on this below).
- Search for Friends, and follow them.
How To Add Your Phone To Your Twitter Account
1. Send a text to your 40404 with the word START
2. We'll reply and ask you to sign up if you're new or reply with your username if you already have an account, which you do.
3. Send your username (do not send any additional characters in the message, or we won't be able to read it correctly)
4. When Twitter asks for your password, carefully send your password to us (remember: passwords are case sensitive!
5. Twitter will ask you to send "OK" if you want to use Twitter on your phone. Send OK, and you're all set! Now you can send messages to your Twitter code, and they will post as Tweets on your Twitter profile for all your friends to read.
6. To get others' updates delivered to your phone now, you'll need to turn on mobile updates (see below) for those whose Tweets you wish to see on your phone. Until you do this, you will not receive any Tweets to your mobile phone. Check out these other phone commands for more tips and tricks!
Turning on notifications to get Tweets from a specific person on your phone
- Visit your Settings page
- Click the Mobile tab
- Look for the area labelled Text message notifications
- Check the box for Tweets from people you've enabled for mobile notifications to receive text message notifications any time a specific person Tweets. (For specific info, jump here.)
- Visit the Twitter page of the person whose updates you want to receive via SMS. Try typing twitter.com/username in your browser's URL bar, or click through from your "Following" page.
- Clicking the mobile icon beside the user's profile image once will turn on mobile updates for that user. Clicking the button again will turn updates off (green means ON, gray means OFF).
Note: People with protected accounts must approve you as a follower before you can choose to receive their updates on your phone.
- Send ON mcgavockhsband (without quotes or brackets) to 40404
Go to twitter.com/mcgavockhsband and click FOLLOW
Also click on the mobile phone icon after you hit FOLLOW